Shopify or Shopmatic?
Just reflect for a minute on what you need from your ecommerce platform.
Your business has unique needs, doesn’t it? And the day-to-day challenges your business faces, or the solutions you require are unique too.
So keep those business needs in mind for a bit now.
Would you say you are being realistic when you look for these in your prospective provider?
- You need a platform that can host your own store name; a domain name that is customisable.
- You need to be able to use all the features available for customising the look and design of your store without the conditions of upgrading to higher price plans (yes; this is possible!)
- Your store should look equally professional even on a small mobile screen, a tablet, or a desktop computer .
- You need to be able to upload unlimited products easily, include a product description, add more than one image per product, provide details like sizes, colors etc available, and have all this information presented in a neatly catalogued and systemized manner with management of the inventory included.
- You should be able to make announcements of discounts or events in special banners on your store pages and the selected product prices should reflect the discounts you want to offer
- You should be able to market and sell to a wider audience even on social media in a seamless manner.
- You should be able to chat with your customers using a popular service like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
- You should be able to collect payments from customers through any credit card they choose, or through bank transfer in a certified safe and reliable way.
- You need to provide your customers with shipping details and order tracking facility so they know when to expect their deliveries.
- You also need some reports from your store – who are your customers? Where are they located? What are your best selling products and sales trends? And more such valuable information to help you make better business decisions as you grow.
It’s not that you’re very demanding…it’s just what your business needs!
Is any platform provider listening?
Yes! Surprisingly, Shopmatic truly is!
Shopify or Shopmatic?
While many platforms will claim to give you these important features with relative ease, you should be aware that they come at higher prices and difficult terms.
Platforms like Shopify for instance, have added price upgrades for many of the features you need. In addition, if you want to migrate to another platform for any reason, you will find that very difficult to do!
With Shopmatic you get full and unrestricted use of all the design features they offer to build and set up your online store.
Shopify offers a free trial for 2 weeks and you have to subscribe to one of their pricier packages after that. These plans range from the Basic Shopify package at USD29 a month to the Advanced Shopify at USD299. Additionally costs for plugins, themes and features can quickly snowball.
Shopmatic pricing plans are structured uniquely. When you sign up, you get on a ‘transaction model’ by default; which means you only start to pay the platform 3% of every transaction once you start selling! And then once your sale volume picks up, you can switch to any subscription model you choose or continue to stay on the transaction model if you prefer. The hosting fee is only $1 at the end of every 12 months.
In addition; though both platforms offer customer support, Shopify conducts virtual online training and Shopmatic conducts real-life as well as online training sessions to support customer understanding.
As a business owner, you might conclude that Shopify is focussed on developing their own business and Shopmatic is focussed on providing you with an environment that makes your business flourish!
Ultimately that is why Shopmatic with over 50,000 subscribers is becoming increasingly popular and is a growing choice for a variety of businesses looking to set up a presence for themselves online. And that is why it could be the perfect choice for you, as you look to set yourself up for online success too.
Now doesn’t that make it easier?
Here are some wise words from one entrepreneur to another –
“Don’t get distracted. Never tell yourself that you need to be the biggest brand in the whole world. Start by working on what you need at the present moment and then what you need to do tomorrow. So, set yourself manageable targets.”
–Jas Bagniewski, Co-Founder of Eve Sleep
Read more here-