Are you looking to get the word out that you have set up a fantastic online store with a fantastic product or service?
If you are looking at the small number of visitors on your website, knowing you deserve more and wondering how to get more people interested, you can do a few things to help yourself right now!
But before you read on, remember that you are actually not alone in feeling frustrated at the slowly trickling pace of traffic to website as you set up your online store. The path of an entrepreneur is never an easy one but keeping up the steady focus on your goals is among the best help you could give yourself
So here are some quick tips to help you bring in more people to your online store
- Link up to a Facebook page where you attract your target audience and begin a meaningful exchange around your product to increase website traffic.. Don’t look only for promoting yourself; that is not what your customers want to read. Be willing to engage about topics that are beyond your product or service, yet still relevant to your industry. Perhaps if you sell bags, you could start a discussion about things to carry on a holiday?
- The new ways to drive traffic to website is paid advertisements. Think about investing a small budget in some very targeted paid Ads. Facebook advertising is a great one to start with. Facebook provides the ability to ‘retarget’ your ads; that means you show on pages of people who have viewed products similar to yours. You can get help to set up your ads, or if you spend a little time trying to understand Facebook Business, you could set it all up yourself and stay within a budget you are comfortable with.
- Take advantage of any networking opportunity including community events to spread the word about your business. Even in this digital age a face to face connection is valuable; remember to carry your business cards along
- Still wondering how to how to get traffic to your website? Send regular emails to your customer base; however small; with interesting updates, attractive inaugural discounts to lure them in, and offer rewards for them to rope in more people to your site. Be mindful though that there is a fine line between too many emails and too little. You will have to test out your audience to know what works best for you
- Write a blog as a guest for a well-known website and link to your own website as you introduce yourself. You establish yourself as an expert in your field and open up the possibility of getting a few clicks on to your store.
- Selling on marketplaces like Amazon is a very good way to increase your customer base and to get your name out there.
- If you know of any related brand or website that is willing to partner with you, go ahead and build a relationship. Explore sending your information to their list in exchange for offering a deep discount or providing a special solution for their customers.
- Keep up the social engagement over multiple platforms, but be a little selective so as to keep a coherent message and identity. Chat with your customers to build a genuine connection with them if possible
- Get customers to write reviews for your product or service. Recall how often you read the reviews yourself before making up your mind about a purchase? The more positive reviews you can gather for your product, the more credibility you create.
- Try giving away your product on deep discount for instant website traffic or for free as a sample to set the ball rolling, and link subsequent purchases or some redemption to your website where potential customers can look through your product offering